Practical Actions re. GDPR

Hi all,
As the GDPR deadline looms, I’m trying to figure out some basic actions I can take without hiring a consultant. I thought maybe other small business owners here would have some ideas.

This is what I know so far:

1. Create a comprehensive Privacy Policy
    Anyone have a template to work from?

2. Add an Opt In/Opt Out button on forms (lead and order forms)
    Does anyone know how best to implement Opt Outs in the automations to make sure they stay out of any automations based on this action? Just a simple tag exclusion on any campaigns?

3. Set the website tracking pixel with an Opt Out pop up on landing pages/websites (I’ve read something about using an alteration to the java script of the pixel??).
    How would this then change data collection?

I’m sure I’m not the only one considering all this. Any thoughts, heads up or insights appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi Dorothy - Here all the information we have on GDPR policy. https://help.infusionsoft.com/gdpr-overview You should be able to find the answer and/or directed to a site that does.

Hi @Dorothy_Hall,

So as far as the optin part. I think the button would probably work as it takes human interaction/confirmation, but if I’m not mistaken, the recommended method is with a checkbox that is defaulted to being unchecked (again guaranteeing human interaction).

Most of this GDPR is about transparency and if you know that you have validly gotten consent from your current list, then there probably is no reason to “re-aquire” the optin BUT if you have multiple email campaigns then you may need to get optin for each of those “subject matters”…

For the most part, though, if you have been practicing good upfront communication, and your not using purchased lists and things like that, then the impact will be less in terms of what needs to be done than it would be for someone not so concerned with such matters.

1 Like