API Call Error: certificate verify failed

Couple of days ago I started receiving this error:

SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read server certificate B: certificate verify failed

There were no changes in production to code or anything so not sure what happened. Using Ruby on Rails.

Does anyone know why this started happening?

@Rafal_Dyrda that error means you are trying to connect using SSLv3 which has disabled for a long time now.

You said there were no code changes but were there any server changes such as the underlying curl library?

Hi Michael,

Nothing. Looking at the the logs everything was working fine at 2018-03-13 14:32:39 +0000 and then errors started occurring at 2018-03-13 16:13:29 +0000

Are you using OAuth2 or the legacy api key and is this on REST api calls or xmlrpc?

Legacy API and REST api calls.

I have Infusionsoft do an API call to my application, my applications checks certain values based on email passed in, and the if need be, adds tags on the Infusionsoft contact.

@Rafal_Dyrda,

If you’re using both the api key method and REST then which processes are you using the xml-rpc for and which are you using REST for? Are they both failing. If so then that’s a certain issue on the side of your server. If only one is failing then it would be helpful to know which.

Hi John,

So it looks like the issue resolved itself. Today everything seems to be working fine. Once again, didn’t touch any code or our servers for a while.

There have been issues for the past couple of days and continued phased updates will be happening through early Sunday morning, so don’t be too shocked if you see it come up again over the next few days.