Add .msg file to email

Hello - I’d like to add a calendar invite to an email I’m sending out. I’ve got the invite as a .msg file which I’ve uploaded to my files. However, there seems to be no way to link to it from my email. Does anyone know if this is possible please?

thanks

Michelle

You need to add it as a link in the message. Something like “Add to your calendar” and then link that phrase as a file download and link to your file.

Hi Jeff - thank you for your reply, I appreciate you taking the time to help. I’ve managed to do that but my problem now is that when people click the link in the email, there is a warning saying this file could damage your computer if downloaded. If you do go ahead and download into your calendar, you get another warning saying “you won’t get a reminder as this file isn’t supported”, and for some people it doesn’t appear in the calendar at all. I’m not having much joy :frowning:

Look online and see if you can get the file created as an .ics file. That is a much more common calendar format. If you get that format, you may not have as many issues.

Oh thank you Jeff I’ll try that - appreciate your advice :slight_smile:

That’s worked Jeff - thank you so much for your advice :slight_smile: