Access code 1020 with 403 Fordidden when using contacts()->where

I am trying to get the php SDK to work. I have the developer account all set up and my access token is working.

I am able to make a data() query request just fine as well. Something like:

$test = $infusionsoft->data()->query(‘Contact’, $limit, $page, $queryData, $selectedFields, $orderBy, $ascending);

This will return exactly what I expect.

The problem I am having is that I am trying to use the contacts() class to make a where request such as:

$cid = $infusionsoft->contacts()->where(‘email’, $email)->first();

This ends up doing:
Client error: GET https://api.infusionsoft.com/crm/rest/v1/contacts?access_token=xxx&email=xxx&limit=1 resulted in a 403 Forbidden response:
error code: 1020

I am confused as to why I appear to not be able to make the 2nd call when the 1st works without a hitch. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

The 1020 error is a firewall block our SRE has put in place likely due to excessive API calls causing issues with keeping that tenant up and available. You will need to contact API support to get it lifted. If you know the tenant I can maybe check to see if this is indeed the case.

Thank you for the reply - can you elaborate what you mean by tenant? Do you mean the infusionsoft ID in the url? If so, that is zk923.infusionsoft.com.

Yup, zk923 is the tenant.

Ok perfect. I am unaware of us making excessive API calls, so I am curious if we are indeed blocked and what I need to do to clear that. If that is the case, as well, I am curious why I can make 1 data() query api call with no issues but a contacts() where is blocked.

I see a block put into place on way back on 11/8/21. Not sure if that was ever lifted, but support would be able to help figure that out. I don’t have access to that information.

Thank you for your help, i will do that. To be clear, would this be a support request on the developer infusionsoft site where my app is created or would it be on the actual https://accounts.infusionsoft.com/ site where the data is stored?

Get Support - Keap Developer Portal. I am also checking with our SRE team to see if any block is currently in place.

Ok perfect. I am unaware of us making excessive API calls, so I am curious if we are indeed blocked and what I need to do to clear that. If that is the case, as well, I am curious why I can make 1 data() query api call with no issues but a contacts() where is blocked.

We typically only block certain request paths that are causing issues to minimize impact.

Our SRE confirmed a block is in place on /rest/v1/contacts/*. They are going to remove it now.

Edit: They also confirmed it is the block from 11/8/21.