When will the Contact social fields be opened up to API? (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)

The Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn fields were added to the Contact record a long time ago (over a year, I think). They are still not available via API, and I have a client who wants to get data from a SurveyGizmo survey into one of those fields. When can we expect these fields to become available in the legacy API and the REST API?

@Jordan_Novak,

Take a look at the SocialAccount table. We’ve successfully used it to update social media links on contacts.

1 Like

Hi Jordan,

SocialAccounts table is accessible through the API. We added it three months after the Social Accounts were released officially. Things to remember when using the DataService to access this table:

• One Contact should only have one AccountType (If two twitter records are created for the same contact id then it will appear on some searches/reports multiple times)
  • Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn are the only ones that are currently available
2 Likes

Thanks for the detailed responses - I totally missed when this table was opened up. I wonder what other little gems have gone out without my noticing…