When an autocharge is successful, I want to pull the next billing date from the recurring order and place it in custom field on contact record

when an autocharge is successful, I want to pull the next billing date from the recurring order and place it in custom field on contact record.

I want this to overwrite each time the autocharge is successful, so there will always be the right next billing date in the field.

I want to then be able to use that as a merge field in emails and other actions.

any ideas? the only thing I have found in research is from this link but is there really only this solution from a third party? How to send billing reminders for upcoming subscription payments

Hmmm that’s an interesting question. We do this with an http post in response to a successful purchase but I’m not sure of an out of the box answer. Hopefully someone has some surprises for us :wink:

Check out this webinar, it doesn’t do exactly what you’re asking, but it may solve the same problem:

http://help.infusionsoft.com/mastermind/subscription-management-with-greg-jenkins

3 Likes

Greg- this was perfection! I am pretty much a beginner when it comes to
really understanding Infusionsoft, so I needed to listen to your webinar a
few times while taking notes like mad, but I got my shiz together. I’ve got
my tags and my custom field and my billing actions and my campaigns and
they’re WORKING! Thank you! Now, I’m off to your site to find what other
nuggets of gold you have waiting there!

1 Like

Super glad to hear that!

I’d start with my blog or YouTube channel, both totally free:

ok, so thanks to Greg, I got exactly what I wanted to be happening.
Now, is there a way to use that new custom date field I made and drop it into an email to the customer as “the date+30 days”?
Say their last payment was on July 20, that’s the date in their custom field.
I want the email to say “your access will expire on August 20.”
Currently, I can only figure out how to tell them “your access will expire 30 days from July 20 which was your last payment date.”

I think this should give you what you need!