When a widget shows errors, is the issue permissions or sharing?

When a widget shows errors, is the issue permissions or sharing? I looked at permissions but I don’t see an obvious place to change. User is “not admin”.
When I look at sharing, the widget and the searches that feed it seem to be all shared to the user.
But, they see these errors.

First thing I would check is that those reports are shared with the user you’re trying to share the widget with. If the report isn’t shared with them, the widget the report is a part of won’t be able to show the counts either.

Hope this helps!!

Yes, the searches are shared, and so is the widget. Is there a separate “report” for this?

This is the line that isn’t helpful, on the face of the widget sharing dialog:

Share Widget with Users
If a user does not have the correct permissions, some statistics may not be visible to them.

What ARE those permissions?

Oddly, the “next seminar” works, but the “10am” doesn’t, and I’ve done the same things on each (at least I think I have), so, I agree, it seems like the search itself is the issue.

Looks like the one thing is that the fields in question being totaled in the search for the widget are “custom” fields.
and, in my saving the search on my dashboard, it seems like the saved extra custom column didn’t carry over to the other users dashboard with the right field. Maybe because I edited the search later, or because I shared the widget and then edited … not exactly sure!

Anyway, support saved the day (again!) and fixed the issue for all the users.

Sorry, Douglass - widgets can use saved searches (as you are) or saved reports (which is what I was referring to). Either of them would need to be shared with the user you’re trying to share the widget with or they would only get the widget without getting any of the data.

It is also possible that the user you’re sharing the widget with doesn’t have permission to view those contacts, but I would expect that to return a count of 0, rather than an error, especially since the other reports ARE showing data.

Are you able to see the data correctly on your dashboard?