Wait for Tag/Field Value then Continue in Sequence

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to figure out a way in a campaign sequence to test for a Contacts tag or field value (doesn’t matter which) and only after it changes to meet a certain value, to then move the Contact forward through the sequence.

Testing of the tag/field value should be continuous, cycling maybe once an hour for up to one day before the sequence gives up and exits.

Does anyone have a neat campaign solution they have used to achieve something similar?

Thanks for the help.

Alastair

Hi Alistair - without knowing the full context of the situation, here’s a quick solution that you can use natively within Infusionsoft:

NOTE: If you can offer a little more context into WHY you’re looking to do this, the answer might even be simpler.

3 Likes

Hi Brett,

I am so grateful for your taking the time to show me campaign looping example and how you can integrate that with a tag or field value test, this is just the type of solution I was hoping to find.

Let me work out the details of the model you have provided and I’ll let you know how well it works but the logic seems quite sound and promising.

With much thanks for your help and time on my behalf.

Alastair

1 Like

Hi Brett,

Great news, It works like a charm!!!

Taking your looping / condition testing campaign principle and building it out for a real-life scenario, added in some extra tests and steps, but everything works exactly how I need it to, I am so grateful for your help.

Here is a screenshot of the final looping campaign module I built, that tests for a tag value every hour (is their email confirmed) then exits the loop after 1 day if the contact has not confirmed their email. Basically after 1 day I give up on them.

There is a good reason I am not just using the standard email confirmation (double opt-in) module for this test which I will explain later on when I have a chance to create a Loom Video, likely this weekend when I have time.

For clarity I setup dedicated internal use looping tags to start, stop, flag & exit the campaign loop.

Here is the screenshot (updated to match the video)

Alastair

1 Like

Thanks for the update. Glad you got it working and happy to help!

@Alastair_Greenstreet

Nice strategy, @Brett_Farr :slight_smile:

Nice way to do it. Will keep this trick in mind for the future!

Hi Brett,

Finally found some time to do a Loom video (what a great idea) showing all the details of your concept fully implemented after testing ironed out the bugs.

I hope by explaining the details this helps anyone looking to implement the loop design idea into their own campaign. The accompanying text narration is included in the video for ease of reference.

Alastair

Thanks Alistair - looks great!

I’d be interested to see what the rest of this campaign looks like. I’ll bet we could simplify this a bit, but it looks like this is working well. Thanks for making the time to update us!

Hi Brett,

If you are truly interested (!) you must like figuring out campaigns… then here is the rest of this campaign design so you can see how the loop logic fits in. It’s so large I had split the screen shots into part 1 & 2.

We are running multiple free offer campaigns so much of the logic branch testing is to accommodate if contacts have entered into another campaign and not duplicate actions.

Could this be simpler? Very likely but I am somewhat of a novice at Infusionsoft only having moved over a few months ago so am still learning about campaign design.

Alastair

Hi Everyone,

Just a small adjustment on this solution, if you apply it across multiple campaigns as I did.

You will need to use unique Start-Loop & End-Loop Tag names for each campaign, such as Start-Loop-1, End-Loop-1, Start-Loop-2, End-Loop-2… otherwise the application of the Start-Loop or End-Loop tag in one campaign fires off the ending sequence in all the other campaigns.

To my mind it shouldn’t but it does!

Alastair