Text message opt-in protocols

I am looking for opt-in information and protocols to be able to opt-in prospects and clients so that we may send them text messages without getting in “trouble”.

How are you gathering their data?

Andy

Hi Andy - thanks for your question. The audience is mostly senior citizens and 99% of how we are getting their information is in-person at table-tops that are out in public (in front of grocery stores, drug stores, etc) and at senior health fairs. I imagine there is standard language that we could print on a form and they could sign but the standard language is elusive. Any help is appreciated.

From a GDPR point of view - which has to be the touchstone I refer to - it just needs to be clear and understandable

So a simple question asking if they are happy to receive SMS about XYZ (whatever the XYZ is) would be enough - if they say yes then you are good to go.

Personally I’d probably make a small webform for data capture that I can have on my mobile / tablet and get them to fill in their details with a check box - that way you get the right info and they are doing the signup - but this might be over the top :slight_smile:

Thanks again Andy.

I agree with you.

Do you happen to have exact language that you use and can share with me to opt-in to SMS messaging?

I don’t, because it needs to be specific to what you are doing.

however the best resource I know is this: https://www.facebook.com/groups/194021701355055/

Suzanne Dibble is superb and even if you aren’t dealing with European clients (I have no clue where you are based) the content is excellent.

That should sort you out :slight_smile:

Great! I just requested to join the Facebook group. I am located in the US. Thanks so much! Andres