Tag serial numbers to a customer

I have serial numbers for several pieces of equipment that I’d like to somehow attach to my customers from my mobile phone and I’m trying to figure out the most effective way to accomplish this. In the perfect world I could snap a picture of the equipment with the serial number it could somehow convert the picture numbers and letters to text and upload to a customer field in my contact…but that sounds like quite a stretch. I would actually be happy if I could somehow manually key the numbers in for each piece of equipment and attach custom fields for the customer. However, Infusionsoft mobile does not allow customization for data entry for things other than Notes, which is very frustrating. The other option would be to take a picture of the serial number tag on the equipment and somehow tag the pictures to the contact. Then, I would have to pull up the pics at a later date and manually key in the serial numbers from the saved pic. (Double entry…yuk) But I’m not sure how to go about doing attaching a pic to a contact from my mobile phone. Any ideas are appreciated!!

Hi @Brent_Gray. This one is going to be a bit of a tough one to find a creative solution for. The best that I can think is, that you would need to create tags for all of the serial numbers, and apply them as needed, but depending on how the whole situation works, I can see that this would be a bit of an undertaking.

Hi Garry, I am facing the same problem. I sell machines.

I was thinking that I could use a custom field but then if the customer buys a second machine and tries to enter that it will overwrite it.

I am also thinking I could append it to the customer’s notes. This would make it searchable but then how would I know when they did it? My warranty only lasts 1 year I need to be able to keep the serial number and a date together.

I was also thinking of using a form for the customer to “register” for the warranty. It could be YourCoolDomain.com/Warrinty and they get a little card and some email reminders to make sure they sign up for it.

I just can’t work out how to bring it all together.

Does, anyone have any good ideas?