Rest V2?

I don’t think I saw a RESTv2 two months ago. Is this new? Is there an announcement about this somewhere? What are the differences?

Good afternoon Leo!

We released the first working versions of a narrow slice of v2 domains during PartnerCon, but we haven’t extensively publicized them. These endpoints are representative of a coherent standard that follows Google RESTful design principles for a standardized usage.

Documentation is here, if you’d like to take a look: Keap REST API

Can you give some specifications on how the filter query works on the v2/contacts endpoint?

The filter parameter is formatted as: ?filter=field_name==value except URLs are encoded so it would appear as ?filter=field_name%3D%3Dvalue

Multiple filters can be applied, and are separated by an encoded semicolon (%3B):

Unencoded Url encoded Description
field_name==value field_name%3D%3Dvalue Return results where the field is an exact match
contact_ids==1,2,3,4 contact_ids%3D%3D1%2C2%2C3%2C4 Return results matching any of the provided values
field_a==value;field_b==value field_a%3D%3Dvalue%3Bfield_b%3D%3Dvalue Multiple filters may be applied. Separate filters with a semicolon.

Available Filter Fields

Field name Description Data type Length Unencoded example Encoded example Public
contact_ids Filter for contacts matching any of the given values string contact_ids==1,2,3,4 contact_ids%3D%3D1%2C2%2C3%2C4 Yes
email Matches any of the Email1, Email2, or Email3 fields string email==test@example.com email%3D%3Dtest%40example.com Yes
end_update_time Ending point for LastUpdated dateTime end_update_time==2020-06-16T16:18:17.000Z end_update_time%3D%3D2020-06-16T16%3A18%3A17.000Z Yes
family_name Last name family_name==brown family_name%3D%3Dbrown Yes
given_name First name given_name==charlie given_name%3D%3Dcharlie Yes
start_update_time Starting point for LastUpdated dateTime start_update_time==1999-06-16T16:18:17.000Z start_update_time%3D%3D1999-06-16T16%3A18%3A17.000Z%3B Yes

thank you

I need to search by a custom field. How would I go about doing that?

Custom fields are not indexed, so unfortunately we can not provide a way to search them currently.

Ok, thank you for the prompt reply.

is there a way to query by tags?

To query for contacts by tag? Yes.

List Contacts by Tag

I am sorry I am having trouble using these filters.

I finally figured out how to use one filter but I want to specify a starting last update and ending last updated. How would i do that. I tried the semicolons uhg

Did you encode the semicolon as %3B? Here’s an example of that: start_update_time%3D%3D2023-08-16T14:45:34.000Z%3Bend_update_time%3D%3D2023-08-16T14:55:34.000Z

Hi,

The discussion in this thread has helped me in using the REST v2 API, thank you. Is it also possible when using the parameter fields=custom_fields to make it only return the custom field IDs that I am interested in?

it is possible to list contacts by tag and filter by the start_update_time field?

Hi @Carlo_Narcisi,

You will have to use the XML-RPC API to get something close to what you need.

The “ContactGroupAssign” table has the “Contact.DateCreated” and “GroupId” fields that you can query on.

https://developer.infusionsoft.com/docs/table-schema/#ContactGroupAssign

Hope that helps.