PHP iSDK Legacy System – Using MySQL with PHP

Hi, I’d like to start using MySQL in my editor where I’m currently using only PHP coding (I want to use them together). dsQuery has saved my life a number of times, but it is rather limited in a number of ways. My editor is in WordPress (which I believe has MySQL inbuilt) which in turn is linked to the Infusionsoft database through the API. I have the necessary access code at the top of every PHP script I write, to ensure the PHP script on WordPress works seamlessly with Infusionsoft (which it does!). Thus:

require_once(“isdk.php”);
$app = new iSDK;
$app->cfgCon(“[Infusionsoft application ID – 2 letters & 3 numbers]”);

My question is, if I’m able (and ‘allowed’) to use MySQL with my PHP script to query the Infusionsoft database, do I need to set up anything further to generally connect MySQL queries to Infusionsoft? Also, what code do I need to put in front of each MySQL query to allow it to be recognised as a MySQL query?

Many thanks.

Jerry

Hey Jerry,

Unfortunately it doesn’t work quite the way you’re imagining. SQL is the language that’s used directly on a MySQL database. The Infusionsoft API sits in front of that database and is the only way through to it so you don’t have access to any place where you could actually run SQL code. Thus we’re all here trying desperately to figure out how to accomplish something using the API when almost all of us would have no problem at all accomplishing it with direct database access (security and performance issues aside).

Sorry for the bad news!
greg

Hi Greg,

Thanks very much. Yes, it’s very disappointing but at least I know why I’m not getting anywhere trying to run it!

Here’s hoping for a breakthrough. I’ll be watching out!

Thanks again.

Jerry

@Jerry_M,

There is no method that will take a SQL statement for the IS/Keap database. You can certainly store information in your own database on your own server and query with SQL how ever you’d like, but the Query/dsQuery method is not designed that way and there are no methods available that would give you SQL like access to the database.

Hi John,

Thanks. It’s disappointing but I’m grateful to you for clarifying the position.

Thanks again,

Jerry