Opportunities by Date Range

It would be nice if we could obtain our opportunities using date fields. As far as I can tell, using the REST API, it’s currently only possible to obtain them by a hand-full of fields ( given_name , family_name , company_name , and email_addresses fields as well as opportunity_title), as well as some other input like the stage or user. This works well for many things but definitely not when you need to be cautious of how many requests (pages) you will use getting the data for all of them between a time-frame, a good example would be when developing reporting software.

Without this, there’s no doubt I’ll hit the API rate limit just by grabbing and caching them all. We definitely need more ways to filter down our calls to this endpoint to preserve the rate-limits.

Apologies if it does already exist but the documentation did not give me that information and thanks in advance for any traction/support.

Yes, we don’t currently have an order/filter for the date fields on Opportunities, but I can pass that request to our product manager to get in the pipeline.

In the meantime, if you are going to be syncing or caching them on a regular basis, I recommend using a resthook on the “opportunity.add”, “opportunity.edit”, “opportunity.delete” and “opportunity.stage_move” events so that you can keep in sync without needing to do full-table pulls repeatedly.

Yeah that’s a good idea in the meantime, I’ll give it a go. Thank you for passing that on for me, hopefully it’s considered useful enough to implement and I’m not alone in this lol.