NEWBIE...Is there a suggested size for images?

If so, how can I see what it is?

This is a great question and one that I did some research on myself recently.

In emails you want to be careful about file size since people are likely reading them on their mobile devices and paying for the data they download.

Two important best practices:

1. Include some descriptive text about the image
  2. Use a correct image description (Alt text) for those who are visually impaired or in case the image cannot be loaded. You don’t get a lot of space in the Email Builder for this, however.

Infusionsoft’s specs prohibit uploading an image larger than 10 MB, but you’ll be hard-pressed to find anyone who will recommend adding a 10 MB image to an email.

Infusionsoft support told me the best resolution is 960 pixels

Here’s what I’ve done:
Test sending an email with an image to yourself and open on a mobile device like a phone with a small screen. How long does it take to load? Is the image too large?

I’m using a Windows machine with Microsoft Office installed, and it has Microsoft Office Picture Manager. In that software’s Compress picture settings, I compress the image for Web pages. This resizes the image to fit within a window of 448 x 336 pixels.

I’ve created a folder for stock photos that says “For Email Use”. Items in this folder are already at that size.

Does this help?

1 Like

Tremendously Daniel! I will definitely put your advice into practice. Thank you so much!

1 Like

This is helpful for photos in the body of a broadcast. I’m curious, do either of you know the dimensions for a broadcast banner?

I’m not sure I know what you mean; i.e., I don’t think there’s any difference.