New Email Builder Code Feature Not Working

Has anyone had any luck with the new code insert feature within email builder? I spent all this time marking up a beautiful [with valid html] design, and lo and behold, Infusionsoft is throwing an error.

Frustrating when they release features before they are ready.

What error are you getting? Just “Invalid HTML” or something else?

Yes, invalid HTML. But it shows up in the builder fine while coding. Also tried simplifying it down to very basic html and it still gave the error.

So that is specifically a formatting message. I can’t speak to the formatting as we can’t see the entire code. If the message were due to just an invalid tag use to be stripped when published, you would get the simpler message, “Invalid HTML will be removed before sending.”

Any idea what of this is incompatible?

<div style="font-family: helvetica; padding: 15px; background: #e4e4e4; border: 1px solid #cd2427; text-align: justify;"><center><strong><span style="font-size: large; color: black;">The Pilot Season Playbook <span style="color: #cd2427;">Testimonials</span></span></strong></center><br /><span style="color: #000000;"><em>"I cannot express how much my whole self has shifted because of the&nbsp;Playbook, along with The Challenge and Steve's class,&nbsp;helping me push through my resistance&nbsp;and taking me on an amazing journey. I have been loving pilot season and been&nbsp;offered 2 jobs; I did not even audition."&nbsp;</em></span><br /><br /><center><span style="color: #cd2427;">Henry Hereford</span> - <span style="color: #808080;"><strong>LEGENDS OF TOMORROW</strong></span></center><br /><br /><br /> <span style="color: #000000;"><em>"After a string of half-ass auditions, I dove wholeheartedly into The Pilot Season Playbook. In doing the work of the Playbook, Risa + Steve helped me recognize and work through the fears that have always held me back in the Audition room. I learned that you always have to come into the room with an offering. Make a choice, get in there, and do the job. It worked for me!"</em></span><br /><br /><center><span style="color: #cd2427;"> Eddie Cahill</span> - <span style="color: #808080;"><strong>CONVICTION</strong></span></center></div>

The only thing that it appears to be actually complaining about is the use of the br tag with the forward slash (as apposed to without the forward slash). Try this:

<center><strong>
    <span style="font-size: large; color: black;">The Pilot Season Playbook <span style="color: #cd2427;">Testimonials</span>
    </span>
</strong></center><br>

<span style="color: #000000;"><em>"I cannot express how much my whole self has shifted because of the&nbsp;Playbook, along with The Challenge and Steve's class,&nbsp;helping me push through my resistance&nbsp;and taking me on an amazing journey. I have been loving pilot season and been&nbsp;offered 2 jobs; I did not even audition."&nbsp;</em>
</span><br><br>

<center>
    <span style="color: #cd2427">Henry Herefor
</span>
    <span style="color: #808080;"><strong>LEGENDS OF TOMORROW</strong>
</span>
</center>

<br><br><br> <span style="color: #000000;"><em>"After a string of half-ass auditions, I dove wholeheartedly into The Pilot Season Playbook. In doing the work of the Playbook, Risa + Steve helped me recognize and work through the fears that have always held me back in the Audition room. I learned that you always have to come into the room with an offering. Make a choice, get in there, and do the job. It worked for me!"</em>
</span><br><br>

<center><span style="color: #cd2427;"> Eddie Cahill</span> - <span style="color: #808080;"><strong>CONVICTION</strong>
</span></center>
1 Like

Noticed that even though there are no errors, the HTML block does not appear in the actual email once sent to the inbox. Are you guys aware of this issue?

Currently, all code blocks must include <html> <body> <head> tags in order to actually work. FYI.

I am also not able to get the HTML Code Block to work either. I know my HTML code is valid. I also included the tags (and closed them) and the HTML Code block removes them when I close out the block. I chatted with IS Support and they said I need to hire a web developer to fix it. How is it that I need to hire a web developer to fix THEIR problem with a feature?

1 Like

Weird! Paste your code here maybe someone can help.

I ended up just building a 100% HTML email rather than using their (broken) html code block. My HTML works great in the 100% HTML email builder.

1 Like

I’ve included the body and head tags in the HTML block and it still doesn’t work.

I’m having same issue and what I’ve discovered is if I use <br> in my coding then the text will not appear in the email. However, when I remove the <br> the text appears.

I’ve also tried using &nbsp; and same thing.

So once Infusionsoft allows the use of
or   in the HTML code blocks, I would think we would be good to go.

Hi there,

I’m having the exact same issue. I’ve written some old school table codes with inline styles. This has worked on any e-mail system I’ve used in the past and yet it doesn’t show up in the preview section or test e-mails.

I’ve attempted to add tags as suggested above, but they create errors and get wiped. I’ve also wrapped it in a div (seen below) to no avail. Any thoughts?

Code:

<tr>
    <td  colspan="2" height="5px" style="background-color:#caa780;line-height:50%;"> </td>
</tr>
<tr>
    <td  colspan="2" height="5px" style="background-color:#fff; line-height:50%;"> </td>
</tr>
Kathleen Black
CEO Owner
Kathleen Black Coaching & Consulting
1 (844) 866-5222
info@kathleenspeaks.com
www.ittakesa.team

<

@BGB_Admin,

That may be the case for what you are experiencing but I can categorically say that is not the general case. I have tons of implementations that don’t use any of those tags directly in the code block.

Someone should really put together a doc of html tags etc that do not work in the code builder and share it here.

2 Likes