Is there any way to mass update emails where only the company name changes but the other individual components of the address are exactly the same i.e. email@example.com - only the company changed name but everything else in the address/name remained intact. Guessing I’ll have to update each individually since their individual names are different but share the same company?? Thx
- Export the list to a spreadsheet
- Make sure you include the email and contact ID in this spreadsheet
- You should be able to split the email using the “Text To Columns” feature and the @ symbol as the delineator
- Use the Find and Replace feature to update the company name (or domain for the emails)
- Consolidate those columns again (you can use Concatenate, or some other spreadsheet formula)
- Reimport this list using the Modify Existing Records feature (under Admin >> Data CleanUp)
- Use the Contact ID column to update existing contacts so that it doesn’t create unique/new records.
Thank you - I kinda figured there was no way to perform this task solely within Infusionsoft - but you have given me food for thought on the exporting/updating/reimporting work around in regards to scenarios I have encountered since using this program (approx 2.5 months) Thx again.