Managing Multiple Opportunities for the same Contact/Company Record

Make sure you submit your feedback to https://www.infusionsoft.com/tellus. The more people that tell them this is an issue, the better chance we have of getting it on their development plan.

Wow. Such a basic function for any CRM. And missing from such an incredibly expensive piece of software. What a shame. I need this functionality, too.

I know, right? And every time I talk to someone at IS they think Iā€™m crazy. Though I did have a 30 minute call with a developer at IS and they understood once I explained it to them. But they of course donā€™t dictate the priority of their development list.

Make sure you submit feedback about this issue via https://www.infusionsoft.com/tellus!

I also need a simple way to track multiple opportunities per client. I have a company that has three separate entities. Designing a Life, Embracing Love, and Building Wealth. My clients may be part of one opportunity or two or all three. How is the progress coming on a solution or a 3-party integration?

We hired a systems admin that is setting up the backend properly as we expect this to be heavily used. I am hoping before the end of the year but I donā€™t have the project path to establish a more accurate time line yet. However, a solution is coming.

John,

You are not a representative from Infusionsoft, correct? So your solution will be an additional cost to users? If so, can you maybe give an idea of how much that additional cost would be?

Thanks!
Lauren

Hi @Lauren_Bostrom,

Correct, we are an independent company and this is a solution that no one else has come up with. That being said, and in regard to cost, I know that it will be subscription based but the final cost is a discussion our team still needs to have so Iā€™m afraid I donā€™t have a direct answer to that question yet.

Just signed up to Infusionsoft as well, trying to find a single solution to replace our PR agency outreach via Mailchimp with superior tagging, and also handle our sales pipeline, referrals, etc., to replace a separate CRM.

Thus far, ProsperWorks, which integrates with Google Mail, has worked well as sales pipeline CRM, but doesnā€™t work well with email automation or email campaigns.

Tried Opportunities to check it out and am pretty disappointed with it thus far. In addition to not having any default ways to display a product or company associated with an Opportunity that I can find easily, there also seems to be no way to associate multiple individuals to an Opportunity, which also breaks the email chain if you arenā€™t working only one on one with an individual to close a deal.

Considering the price for the additional module, there are far better CRM solutions out there for managing the sales pipeline, but also force you again to use separate tools and cobble them together with a lot of duplicate efforts.

1 Like

Completely agree with your comments. Associating multiple contact records to opportunities is another huge issue, along side the issue of not having a way to separate opportunity notes/tasks/appts if a contact record has multiple opportunities assigned to him/her.

I probably sound like a broken record but make sure to send your feedback in to infusionsoft using the link below. The more they hear from us, the better chance they will put our requests on their dev schedule.

https://www.infusionsoft.com/tellus

2 Likes

Weā€™ve used Opportunities in our medical practice to track follow-up in bringing in new patients.

The Opportunity Notes section is good for static info that is not time-dependent. We used the ā€œAdd a note about your last actionā€ link to describe details about a specific interaction. This note gets added to the Contact record, but, as others have shared, that note is not opportunity specific.

Hey John,

Iā€™m following up with you to see if you had an update on the solution you mentioned in December. Weā€™d be VERY interested in learning more.

Thanks!
Lauren

Hi @Lauren_Bostrom,

Encouraging to hear the anticipation :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Our team determined that a workflow re-design was in order as this is a subject mis-understood by many and we are looking to rise above that so we are in the midst of that process now. I promise though, it is coming :wink:

Wonderful! Let me know if you want any user input. I have a very strong opinion about how Opportunities should work and I have CRM development experience :smile:

We are running out of patience on this, unfortunately. The lack of unique Opportunities is causing a ton of confusion for our team, which is causing issues with sales. We are very close to canceling our Infusionsoft agreement and finding some other alternative.

Hi @Lauren_Bostrom,

Unfortunately, Iā€™m a third party developer and donā€™t work for Infusionsoft. As such, I have a team that determines alot of the development stages for product design. While Iā€™m quite excited to be providing a solution for the issue you and many others are facing, development is a process and I am only part of that process. If it involves your success with Infusionsoft, therefor, might I suggest you call your client rep at Infusionsoft and then discuss the matter with them.

Hi Lauren,

Have you decided which direction you are going yet? I am new to IS and I will be having the exact same issue as you are experiencing.

Well thereā€™s great news! I attended SuccessCon a couple weeks ago and got a demo of the new UI/UX for Infusionsoft. They are fixing this issue by getting rid of ā€œOpportunitiesā€ and replacing it with ā€œDealsā€. The deals will be unique and each will have its own notes/tasks/appointments. Iā€™m not sure when they are rolling out the new UI/UX for existing IS users other than in 2018.

1 Like

Wonderful news! I am on my second day of training and feeling a little bit overwhelmed about the campaigns. I am hoping it will get easier,lol. We are a small business and I hope I donā€™t have to spend a lot of time figuring out the marketing campaign piece. I am accustomed in my previous life with salesforce with didnā€™t have the marketing piece.

Thanks,

Kim Coble

Imperial_Logo_Standard

** ā€œYour Recognition Companyā€**

2405 West Jefferson Blvd | Ft. Wayne, IN 46802

P: 260-432-8161 | F: 260-432-6081

www.imperialtrophyawards.com

Facebook

Inquiries, quotes and general information:

sales@imperialtrophyawards.com

All art/graphics need submitted to:

art@imperialtrophyawards.com

Hi Lauren, I love that you have started this post, I have been follow it and we are in the same boat. Do you have any other word about ā€˜Dealsā€™ in infusionsoft. Has this already happened? I know they have done some updates, but I still have the classic version.

Does anyone else have word on Deals instead of opportunities

I demoed the new UI/UX a few months ago and itā€™s missing a ton of functionality still. I checked in with Infusionsoft customer service and they are still saying end of year for moving all existing users to the new UI/UX. They really do have a ton of work to do still though so I wouldnā€™t be surprised if itā€™s early 2019.

1 Like