Looking up values in custom contact field with REST V2 API

I’ve seen this question answered for V1 and in xmlRpc, but I’m needing to figure this out using the new REST V2.

I can actually update my custom fields as I know their ids, but I’m not rather new to working with REST and I’m not sure what I should be doing to get a contact by a value in the custom field.

Thanks!

i think you will use two api calls, one to List Contacts and another Retrieve a Contact with contact id and filter the contact with your custom field value

Thanks for the input. I really don’t want to do that as it means moving all the data to a client app to search for the key to the one record I want.

That approach would be impossible if there were 10s of thousands of records to look through.

1 Like

yea i agree that not the best option with REST API V2 but i think its the only option right now, i suggest use REST API V1

i just test you can use query parameter ‘optional_properties’ => custom_fields in REST API V2 call and it will return the custom fields also

Getting the custom_fields can be done using the fields parameter.

What I’m trying to do is filter the query based on the value of one of the custom_fields.

We do not currently index custom field values for filtering due to system constraints.