Is it possible to submit a custom WordPress form to IS without using the IS Plugin?

We are about to A/B test two different site landing pages. The “A” site is built in static HTML using Bootstrap. The “B” site is built on WordPress using a custom-designed, mobile-responsive Divi theme layout with its own mobile-responsive form. We’re doing it that way for a specific purpose rather than designing a landing page using the IS WordPress plugin.

But how do I send the submitted data to IS through this custom form? Can I just use the same URL in the “action=” attribute of the other form, ensuring that all the form fields have the same “name” attribute? Or is there an OAuth API setup I need to do first? If you can point me to a question that’s already been answered, or some documentation, that would be great. I may just not be searching the right keywords on this.

You cannot just post data to IS forms as that will get the firewall on the servers to black list your ip address. Generally you’d need to post data from the form to a bit of code that can use the api to update infusionsoft and then redirect to your thank you page from there. Without using the plugin, that’s the only non-problematic way to handle it.

Thanks, John. It’s strange to me that this is the case only because the “A” site in this A/B testing scenario isn’t using WordPress, but also doesn’t appear to be using any kind of InfusionSoft API calls. It simply posts directly to an InfusionSoft URL. But maybe that URL in turn is a special one that ensures the site/form won’t be blacklisted? Here’s an abbreviated and obfuscated code snippet from that site’s source:

<form accept-charset="UTF-8" action="https://il685.infusionsoft.com/app/form/process/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" class="infusion-form" id="inf_form_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" method="POST">
									<input name="inf_form_xid" type="hidden" value="232330c3b6a53aab77502c3606b74f68">
									<input name="inf_form_name" type="hidden" value="RLC - Equipment - Search">
									<input name="infusionsoft_version" type="hidden" value="1.70.0.130882">
									<div class="infusion-field">
										<label for="inf_field_FirstName">First Name *</label>
									<div class="infusion-submit">
										<div><div class="grecaptcha-badge" data-style="bottomright" style="width: 256px; height: 60px; display: block; transition: right 0.3s ease 0s; position: fixed; bottom: 14px; right: -186px; box-shadow: gray 0px 0px 5px;"><div class="grecaptcha-logo"><iframe src="https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api2/anchor?ar=1&amp;k=6Le4bx0UAAAAANeDRNRCRSCL2O-zB5Lf5yUUmxXQ&amp;co=aHR0cHM6Ly9saWxidWJiYWN1cmJtYWNoaW5lLmNvbTo0NDM.&amp;hl=en&amp;v=xw1jR43fRSpRG88iDviKn3qM&amp;size=invisible&amp;cb=q2ir67bddn6h" width="256" height="60" role="presentation" name="a-cgx24coxkel9" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" sandbox="allow-forms allow-popups allow-same-origin allow-scripts allow-top-navigation allow-modals allow-popups-to-escape-sandbox"></iframe></div><div class="grecaptcha-error"></div><textarea id="g-recaptcha-response" name="g-recaptcha-response" class="g-recaptcha-response" style="width: 250px; height: 40px; border: 1px solid rgb(193, 193, 193); margin: 10px 25px; padding: 0px; resize: none; display: none;"></textarea></div></div><input class="infusion-recaptcha" id="recaptcha_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit"> 
									</div>
								<input type="hidden" id="timeZone" name="timeZone" value="America/New_York"></form>

@Rob_Watson,

That url is specific to IS forms and the codes for those forms that are unique to each user’s forms individually. Posting information to it directly wouldn’t work but it will accept forms that have the registered id’s that are a match in the database for that form. ie, their servers have the values of those “inf_form_xid” and will only accept information from that form which is why doing the copy/paste of the code would work, but again, just posting information directly to it won’t.