Importing Contacts not working!

Hello All,
Pretty new to Infusionsoft and feel like the relative experts in here can help me figure out this question super quick (I hope I am just overlooking something small but important).
I have been trying to import a very small list of contacts in (only 200) and it imported fine, I matched fields with my csv file, etc.
When I imported them i also added a tag. I pulled them back up and noticed a data field I needed to change/adjust so I decided to delete the set and import them again.
Since the first time I imported them (although I deleted them and checked that they were deleted), I CANNOT get them to import again. I go through the steps, the system says they are imported successfully, but I click on the ā€œsee the contacts you just importedā€ or search by the tag I just placed and they are not there! I cannot for the life of me understand what is wrongā€¦anybody know?
Thank you bunches for any light you can shed on this! I hope this a simple thing!
Thanks!
T

PS: To add, that while I canā€™t find the contacts I am trying to import, the system is still creating the Import tags, although there are no contacts with those tags after the import. Iā€™m baffled! Especially when they did already import once. Are they still in there somewhere even after I deleted them?

Hey @Terri_Hart. I am going to send a DM your way, to see if I can collect some info on this. I want to take a look and see what might be causing this. Very strange indeed, but I will see what I can figure out.

In this specific case, we had a Contact ID present on the re-import csv. The import hit a conflict due to trying to create a brand new record during import, while trying to match the Contact ID to an old ā€˜usedā€™ Contact ID, resulting on 0 contacts actually being imported. We removed Contact ID field from the csv and tested another import to perfection!

This isnā€™t something that I have ever really came across, so I am glad I got to test this for you @Terri_Hart!

2 Likes

HereĀ¹s to always learning!! :slight_smile:

Hi there!

In case someone will have to import a large database into Infusionsoft you may try to use an automated migration service Data2CRM, here is more info about it - Keap Marketplace

Thanks, hope it will be useful!