How to Do a Radius Search of Contacts

We do events across the country and so need to be able to search contact records by who lives in a certain mile radius. For example, if we’re going to Houston, TX and want to email everyone in our database within X number of miles of Houston. Is there a way to do that in Infusionsoft?

There wouldn’t be a native way to do this, as the search criteria is based on field data, present in the system: zip, state, city, ect. It doesn’t tie this data to any sort of location database, but there may be a solution through a 3rd party plug-in that could pull data from the software and run it against this style of database, and then possibly tag appropriate contacts who meet the criteria. Off hand, I have not ran across a specific solution for this, but this is a really good question.

I remember someone posting in the old forum of a manual way of transferring data from Infusionsoft into Google Maps which then produced a map of the locations.

There was something called Maps Fusion that would have helped you, but it seems to be non-existent now.
Wonder if anyone knows what happened? MapsFusion™ Video - Map Infusionsoft Contacts on a Google Map on Vimeo

I have something that can produce a map of the Contact Addresses, but it does not have any radius searching. Also I cannot guarantee on the accuracy of the locations. It has to use a Geocoder to reverse the Address into Coordinates, but it is not always accurate.

I’ll take a look in the old forum when I get back in the office this afternoon and see what I can dig up.

I did this for a client about 10-years ago. His was for a specific city, so we exported all contacts that listed Ohio as the state & sent the file to MelissaData who did a geo look-up on it and sent the list back with GeoCodes that could be plotted on a map. My contact over there is James Benudiz (Jim@melissadata.com) & he’s been there for years. He should be able to recommend something that will help you.

1 Like

Joey Novak made a tool for this. Check out the geographical areas tool

https://novaksolutions.com/tools/

2 Likes

Martin, you have just made my day. Thank you for this!
(and thanks to everyone else for your input and help as well!) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Infusionsoft community !

Do you know a way to sync infusionsoft contacts with Google Maps ?

My goal is to show all contacts location on a map :slight_smile:

Thank you so much,

Vincent

Don’t know directly but I do know it’s been done by @Pav with his XTendIn plugin

Hi Vincent,

There is a couple of ways you can do this.

Greg Jenkins has made this video on transferring data from Infusionsoft to Google Maps.

XtendIn (https://xtendin.com/) has the ability to embed a map within Infusionsoft which runs off the Contacts Saved Searches. It uses the Mapbox Service (not Google) for the Maps, and requires a little bit of setup to make it work.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Hi Denise,

You can easily do a radius search of contacts by installing Mapsly which is an extension available on Keap Marketplace. You can filter records by direct distance or by drive distance/time.