How to apply sales tax to an order using the Rest API?

When creating an order through the Infusionsoft API, sales tax is not being applied to the final order. So far I haven’t found anything that would allow me to add taxes through the API.

I have already set “default charge tax” to yes and Added Taxable = yes to the appropriate products. Is there something I am missing?

2 Likes

Did you ever solve this? I am facing this issue as well.

Did you ever resolve this issue? I’m trying to do the same thing. @TomScott, can you provide any insight into how this works?

We do not currently have a method for this in the Rest API, but you can use your Access Token to make a call against the XMLRPC API to do so:
https://developer.infusionsoft.com/docs/xml-rpc/#invoice-add-an-item-to-an-order-by-invoice

@TomScott,

This doesn’t really help. All the tax tables are set up in Infusionsoft. The link you posted briefly explains how to add a line item to an invoice, where I can set the type of line item to “tax,” but I also have to set the amount (or price) myself and my application doesn’t have that information—it’s all in Infusionsoft.

I see that there is an API call to “Calculate Invoice Tax” (xml-rpc - Keap Developer Portal). Unfortunately, both this and the link you suggest require the invoice ID for an order which the REST API does not provide.

Please, I am trying to be patient, but the API documentation is either incomplete, inadequate, or flat out wrong, so posting a link to it does not help me figure out how to solve my problem. I need help. Real help. Please.

When I create an order, I need that order to include a line item with the appropriate tax. How do I do that?

Thanks.