How to add tag to a company in Keap Pro?

It is important for me to add tags to companies. I understand that you can’t add tags to companies in Pro. Is there any way around this? This is a serious shortcoming!!

@Frederick_Thompson,

At the time of this post, Keap has not built a way to tag companies in Keap Pro.

However, it is still possible to tag and search companies by those tags using the information listed below.

Please understand this is not an official feature within the Keap Pro interface, and could stop working as future updates are made to the platform. Please use at your own risk.

A. Locate the ID of your company by viewing the URL:

B. Navigate to https:/appid.infusionsoft.com/Company/manageCompany.jsp?view=edit&ID=94, where appid should be replaced with your Keap App ID, and the number at the end should be replaced with the ID of the company record you wish to edit.

This will show an interface where you can navigate to the ‘Tag’ tab and apply desired tags to the company record:

C. To search for companies by tag, navigate to https://appid.infusionsoft.com/Reports/searchTemplate.jsp?reportClass=CompanySearch&view=resultsPage, where appid should be replaced with your Keap App ID:

From there, you should be able to edit the criteria to search for company records within your Keap Pro account.

Depending on your need for tags on company records within Keap Pro, the information above may be helpful. As a reminder, Please understand this is not an official feature within the Keap Pro interface, and could stop working as future updates are made to the platform. Please use at your own risk.

Hi Timothy:

Can I add a company as a regular contact using the last name field for the company name?

Thank you for your help.

Fred

image003.jpg

@Frederick_Thompson,

It sounds like you’re asking if you can enter company name into the last name field, instead of entering the last name.

If this is what you are asking, I think it would be helpful to understand what you are trying to accomplish by doing this before answering, as this will be able to better assist either myself or other community members in providing the most helpful feedback.

When you’re able, please clarify what it is that you are trying to accomplish to see if either myself or others in the community can provide some clarity on how to approach this with Keap Pro.

I want to add a company that I can apply tags to.

image003.jpg

@Frederick_Thompson,

What would you like to do with companies once you apply tags to them? What types of information are you trying to track with these tags?

Are you also trying to group contacts within those companies, or only enter companies into your Keap Pro account?

Hi Tim:

I would like to tag them for the same reason I tag persons: types of services I provide to them; tasks for them; industry tags.

Thank you for your help.

Fred

image003.jpg

@Frederick_Thompson,

As a reminder, Keap has not currently built a way to tag companies in Keap Pro. Here’s a link to the workaround that may work for your current needs:

At one point you posed the following question:

The answer is, “Yes”, it is technically possible to create a contact record where you add the company’s name as the Last Name field. Whether or not this is a good solution/idea, depends on how you have your Keap account configured and what you are trying to do by tagging these records.

I recommend doing lots of testing with either of the methods above, and reaching out to Keap support or a Keap developer if you need further assistance.

Hi Timothy:

Thank you for helping me address this.

Regards,

Fred

image003.jpg

1 Like