How do I prevent duplicate orders from an order form?

We have an online training that we sell about every 6 weeks, and we get about 200-300 sales every new round. We find that many customers will submit the order form twice or it appears to have failed (when it didn’t) and so they fill out the form again, and the result is a BUNCH of double-billing that someone has to manually go in and cancel and/or refund from each customer. The trouble is compounded by the fact that we also offer a payment plan.

So how the heck can this be avoided? Is there a way to prevent people completing the order twice? I’m aware there is a setting in the Ecommerce section that will prevent orders submitted on the same form until a select number of days, but it’s only for legacy order forms. This is such a broad need that there just HAS TO BE a solution for current order forms.

Please help!

Braxton did you get any answers regarding your situation?

Not one that is done out-of-the-box with Infusionsoft. Using Spiffy will combat it though.

Hello Braxton, did you find a solution to this? I am looking to prevent the same thing and would appreciate your advice.