How can I write off an invoice for an unpaid invoice that doesn't have a "failed payment attempt"

I find it very frustrating that there isn’t an option on an invoice to write it off.

I don’t like using the “adjustment” payment option, because it then shows up as “Paid” in the recurring payment area, when in reality it’s not paid.

Why can’t we write off unpaid invoices directly from the invoice?

2 Likes

Grady, if you go to the Failed Invoice Report and search for the order you want, choose the dropdown Action “Manage Failed Invoice” and you can easily choose the “Write Off” option. Super easy :slight_smile:

You can do the same with a Subscription search.

Hi Cheryl,

Yes, but that ONLY works for failed payment attempts. If a card expires and then infusionsoft doesn’t attempt to charge it, it doesn’t appear in the Failed Invoice Report. I probably once a month come across an account that isn’t going to be paid because of an expired card and the member doesn’t want to continue. In that situation I have no way of “Writing Off” the invoice. That is what I am frustrated with.

I think there should be a way to write off an invoice directly from the invoice instead of only through that failed invoice report. There are other reasons to write off invoices besides just failed attempts.

I hope that clarifies my issue.

1 Like

Is there any update to this process as Grady described?

Hey everyone. I wanted to report that there is now a solution to this issue!

On the main page of the customer profile you can click “Show Invoices” and it will take you to a list of all their invoices. You can now select any open invoice and choose the action to “manage failed invoices” and write it off.

Thanks Keap team for providing this option!