Hidden field not working

I’ve built an email preferences center following the Monkeypod tutorial on Youtube. I send a live email to my testing email address for my testing profile but nothing updates when the email field is hidden.

If I don’t hide the email field and enter it manually, everything works fine. The landing page is on Infusionsoft, so it doesn’t seem to be similar to other questions I’ve seen posted where the page is hosted separately.

Bump.

I’m having the same issue, any help on this topic would be appreciated as I’ve done some pretty extensive Googling.

@Kevin_Griffis and @Nathaniel_Klostreich,

My understanding is you built an email preferences center using the following tutorial:

If this is the case, you should have a Keap landing page with a hidden email address field and at least one virtual field being used to decide which tags need to be applied based the contact’s chosen preferences.

It sounds like the described challenge may be presenting itself as a result of the method used for testing, as you have indicated the hidden email address field does not get populated when you send a test email.

To test an Email Preferences Center email like the one shown in the video, you will need to manually run your test contact through a sequence to receive the email, not use the ‘Test’ dropdown on the email builder:

Clicking the link within an email where the contact was manually run through a sequence to send the email will pass the contact’s information to the landing page, which should populate the hidden email address field and associate the form submission with that contact record.