Help Tagging Contacts that Visit Certain Page on My Website

Hello,

I’m setting up a campaign that sends emails that link back to a form on my website. This is a 3rd party form that is too complex to create in Infusionsoft. Once someone submits this form, they are redirected to a thank you page. I only want to tag contacts that been to this thank you page.

I have tried using the Web Page Automation Goal, but I haven’t had any luck. I have only been able to get this to work if the thank you page is the first page contacts are sent to from the email, which is not what I want.

I can see that the contact key in the URL is only being passed along to the first page after the email. Anything after that page doesn’t have the contact key in the URL. Could that be part of the issue?

I would really appreciate some advice on how to accomplish this.
Thanks!

Justin:

Depending on what type of form you are sending them to, you could have the contact ID captured as a hidden field, then, in your redirect to the thank you page, feed that contact ID over to that page as a url parameter. This could help with both the web page automation.

Jeff

email-sig-storybrand-certified-guide-60.png

Hey, Jeff -

Thanks for the help! The idea of using a hidden field to collect the contact ID makes sense. Could you tell me the best way to pass the contact ID from Infusionsoft to the form on my website?

Use a URL parameter:

www.URL.com?parameter=~Contact.Id~

email-sig-storybrand-certified-guide-60.png