Grouping Similar Emails

Given a list of emails, is there a way to identify similar emails? For example, if a user sends out a personalized marketing email to a list of contacts (1 personalized email for each contact) in a campaign, how can the API reliably identify the list of emails as being the same?

You might say that I could look at the “Subject” field and match emails by that, to which I say that is not a reliable way of doing it.

Is there a way to attribute an email to a campaign or a sequence and figure that out through the API?

Please follow the example below:

[
    {
            "id": 1,
            "subject": "Subject 1",
            "headers": null,
            "contact_id": 123456,
            "sent_to_address": "email1@email.com",
            "sent_to_cc_addresses": null,
            "sent_to_bcc_addresses": null,
            "sent_from_address": "sender@email.com",
            "sent_from_reply_address": null,
            "sent_date": "2019-03-08T21:12:00.000Z",
            "received_date": null,
            "opened_date": null,
            "clicked_date": null,
            "original_provider": "UNKNOWN",
            "original_provider_id": null
        },
        {
            "id": 2,
            "subject": "Subject 1",
            "headers": null,
            "contact_id": 654321,
            "sent_to_address": "email2@email.com",
            "sent_to_cc_addresses": null,
            "sent_to_bcc_addresses": null,
            "sent_from_address": "sender@email.com",
            "sent_from_reply_address": null,
            "sent_date": "2019-03-08T21:31:00.000Z",
            "received_date": null,
            "opened_date": null,
            "clicked_date": null,
            "original_provider": "UNKNOWN",
            "original_provider_id": null
        }
]

Hi @Jacky_Wong, unfortunately this isn’t possible using the List Emails endpoint. You might be able to use a combination of saved searches/reports and this XML-RPC call to achieve the result you’re looking for.

Thanks for the reply. I created a Saved Search/Report, but where can I find its id?

Nevermind. I found several ways of getting its id no thanks to Table Schema Documentation - Keap Developer Portal.

Instead, I can examine the dropdown of a saved search and use the value from it, or refer to a very handy reference table.

However, there’s this one missing piece. With the saved report, I can see from what broadcast it comes from, but I cannot see what sequence it comes from (when batchId = 0).

How can I tell that an email is from a certain sequence? And within that sequence, how can I tell what template it that email is using?