Finding Companies that have no associated Contacts

Hello Keap community,

Is there a way easily pull a list of all Company records that have no associated Contacts? Is there a report that shows this or anyway to do this via Saved Search?

Thanks,
Kim

If you have a main contact identified for each company, you can go to CRM - Companies, and when doing the search you can choose “main contact first name: is empty” and that will give you all that have no contacts.

Thanks,
Jeff

1 Like

Thank you for responding to my question. I haven’t manually gone through and designated a main contact. Is there no other way to do a search for Companies where Linked Contacts =0?

Not that I am aware of. I did a little testing prior to responding and that was the only things I saw.

The only other option I could think of is to do a Company download and a Contact download, including the Company field, and set up a formula to count how many contacts are associated with each Company and identify the ‘zero’ companies there.

Thanks,
Jeff

@Kim_Snyder,

As has already been mentioned, there is not a native way to tell which Company records have zero Contacts associated with them, and that a formula can be used to count how many Contacts are associated with a Company, using Contact and Company data exported from Keap.

The steps below show one way to use Excel to provide the requested data:

A. Navigate to ‘CRM → Contacts’, and perform a search with no criteria, which should give you a list of all Contacts in Keap:

B. Check the box to select all results, then navigate to ‘Export’ on the ‘Actions’ dropdown menu:

Check the box to select all results:

Navigate to ‘Actions → Export’:

C. Un-check all boxes, except ‘Company Name’ on the ‘Export Results’ screen, and continue to download a CSV, which will contain a list of company names that have been associated with contact records. This export should be called ‘Contacts’:

D. Navigate to ‘CRM → Companies’, and perform a search with no criteria, which should give you a list of all Companies in Keap:

E. Check the box to select all results, then navigate to ‘Export’ on the ‘Actions’ dropdown menu:

Check the box to select all results:

Navigate to ‘Actions → Export’:

F. Un-check all boxes, except ‘Company Name’ on the ‘Export Results’ screen, and continue to download a CSV, which will contain a list of company names that have been associated with contact records This export should be called ‘Companies’:

G. Open the ‘Contacts’ CSV in Excel, and add a new ‘Companies’ sheet that contains the information copied from the ‘Companies’ CSV:

H. Add a ‘Number of Contacts with This Company Name’ column to the ‘Companies’ sheet, which contains COUNTIF formulas to show the number of times the Company name is mentioned on the ‘Contacts’ tab, using a formula similar to what is shown in the screenshot below:

From there, you should be able to see any Companies who do not have any contacts associated with them, which should be indicated by a ‘0’.