Email Layout 3 columns

Hello, I’m having troubles when trying to create a 3 column layout. I would like to have 3 images side by side, but when I send a test email to myself I see the images in a single column one on top of each other. Would you be able to help me out, please? Thank you!

Hi there Clarissa,

it sounds very much like the email is re-formatting itself for the resolution of your screen. This is something Infusionsoft does automatically to make your emails “mobile responsive” - that is, scaling and re-formatting so that text and images created on a desktop are not rendered small and unreadable when you pull them up on your tablet or phone.

In order to fix this you will need to use the “preview” features to make sure they all appear in the right orientation on a tablet and phone too (your default screen shows how it will appear on desktop). If you aren’t able to achieve much success then consider combining them all as a single long image, unfortunately it is often a bit of a battle between design and readability!

Hope this helps,

Sam.

Hi Sam,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

In fact the problem seems to be when we open the email in Outlook, on desktop. In the preview feature, the email looks fine, but when we send the test and open it in Outlook it looks broken. I can’t combine the images as a single image as each one of them links to a different URL address.

Is there anything else we can do to fix this?

Thank you very much,
Clarissa

This is a little difficult without being able to see the exact problem. I wonder, if you open the test email in Outlook and then stretch the window around do things pop back in to place? I am aware that in Outlook default client you are only using about 50-60% of your screen width to view the email with your inboxes, previews, and settings taking up the rest of the screen. If you allow it to take up more/less of the screen does it react?

Sam.

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your reply. Please see below a screen shot of the preview page and then the email in Outlook.