E-Mail/Assign Task To Contact Owner When New Tag Is Applied

Hello!

I have a campaign that has a standard setup, where web forms are filled out and tags applied and the campaign kicks off, etc.

My question is:

Is there a way to notify a contact owner when one of their contacts has a new tag applied and the contact is already inside of the campaign?

I can run reports and see when a contact has been updated, is there a way to automate this inside the campaign and have that trigger a notification/task to the contact owner?

The scenario would be something like this:

1. A contact fills out a gravity form and becomes a contact in IS
  2. A tag (or tags) get applied to the contact in IS
  3. Campaign kicks off
  4. Contact doesn’t respond to the campaign
  5. A few months later, the same contact fills out a different web form with different tags (making them appear interested again).

However, by step #5, the contact is already in IS, has a contact owner and may be at one various stage or another inside of the campaign.

What would be the best way to notify the contact owner that their contact is at step #5 in this process?

Thank you all for your time and help in advance!

Yes you can, you would need to use a decision diamond to check if the ‘old’ tag is in place (if you are wanting to do this, I would have a generic tag that all your lead gen campaigns apply, otherwise you have to check for every tag. If the tag exists, this can then do whatever you want.

Hope that helps

Andy

Hi @Andy_Wroe, thank you! I figured it would be something rather simple; but for some reason I was having a hard time wrapping my head around it yesterday. I believe I have the campaign updated to where it will do what we’re looking for - just need to test it out.

Thanks again for your time and help!

1 Like