Creating the Product Purchased event from API Requests

I am trying to create a campaign that uses the Product Purchased event. I have tried to trigger this event by creating an Order via the Rest API but have not been able to. Is it possible to get the Product Purchased event using the rest API?

Product purchase goals don’t trigger on creating an order, only on payments.

I have also tried creating a payment for an order through the rest api which also did not trigger a product purchase. Is it possible to trigger a product purchase through the rest API?

If a sale of a product is paid for then when the payment is made against the order, the product goal would trigger. Specific product purchase goals will trigger even if only partial payments are made but he order must contain the product in question for the order being paid for.

This does not seem to be the case. I have created multiple orders both on the UI and with the Rest API and created multiple payments in the UI and through the REST API but neither of these trigger a product purchase goal. I know my campaign is working because i have tested it with the API goal and was able to successfully start the campaign.

“If a sale of a product is paid for then when the payment is made against the order, the product goal would trigger.”

Does this count for orders, and payments, made via infusionsofts REST API? If so why are successfully created Orders and Purchases not triggering this goal?

Each type of payment goal has different conditions in which it triggers, which is why I specified the condition for the product purchase goal. I would start with triggering the goal only inside the UI (take the API out of the equation) so you’re certain it’s not something internal first.

We had the same problem with another client. We had to apply a tag at the same time as order to enable us to trigger a campaign.