Creating a Campaign based requiring multiple criteria

Hello,

I would like to create a Campaigns based upon combinations of criteria entered visitors who register on our website.
In brief, visitors can opt in to our mailing list by submitting a Quote/Report request related to various retirement products. We would like to schedule follow-up emails to be sent based upon 3 criteria provided by the visitor:

1. Product Type
  2. Investment Amount
  3. State of Residince

Via API, profiles for visitors who submit these Quote/Reports are created in Infusionsoft and the above information is stored in Custom Fields; Tags are also generated for each of the 3 categories.
We would like to automate different emails to be sent based upon the combination of the 3 criteria.

Is there a way by which such a Campaign can be triggered via Tags?
I see how to add multiple Tags that function as OR (i.e., any one of the Tags). However, we would like to create an automation that requires AND (i.e., all of the tags).
If this cannot be done via Tags, is there another method to do this?

I will appreciate any help provided!

1 Like

Hi Chris,

You should be able to use an AND function within decision diamonds. You can set up a diamond that will allow people through one way when they have all 3 tags, another way when they have none of the tags and any number of additional ways for each combination you’d like.

It sounds like you’re trying to sort contacts based on those 3 criteria you listed above, in which case you’d be need to set your decision diamonds up to sort by those custom fields (or a combination of tags and custom fields).

Product Type very will may be handled by a tag and your Investment Amount custom field may be a drop-down with price ranges, in which case you could use tags for that too. Sorting by state probably isn’t going to suitable for tagging contacts though since having so many tags isn’t best practise. It may be that State of Residence can be handled by a merge field in any outgoing emails to leads and customers.

Thanks,
Joe

Hello, Joe.

Thank you for the detailed response. I will set up with decision diamonds.
We did set up up tags for the states but, based upon your response, it might be problematic?
Basically, we want about 18 states would be directed in one path, whiile all other locations would direct to another path.

Thank you again!

Chris

1 Like

Hi Chris,

Generally you wouldn’t have a tag for each state. Perhaps you can include a drop-down custom field that includes the 18 states you’d like to single out and an ‘Other’ option for the rest. I assume you would operate in those 18 states and that the rest would be filtered out as false leads or passed on to somebody else but I could be wrong.

The decision diamond could then read something along the lines of "If Contact’s Custom Field (State) equals ‘Other’ " then go one way and "If Contact’s Custom Field (State) does not equal ‘Other’ " then go another way. As long as the state drop-down field is set to ‘required’ on the form then any option that isn’t ‘Other’ will be one of those 18 states.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Joe

Hello, Joe.

Correct, the 18 states are ones in which we operate. OK, I understand your suggestion drop-down custom fields. That makes sense.
Thank you again for the information and suggestions!

Chris

1 Like