Create Company From Contact

I have managed to add the contacts, with tags and updating the company name too. The issue is, I cannot find any API resource related to createCompanyFromContact in infusionsoft API or fetching the companyId of a contact.

Thanks!

Hi @Santiago_Demierre, when retrieving a contact or listing contacts using the REST API the response has a company field that looks something like this. The id inside the company field should be the “companyId” of the contact.

"company": {
  "company_name": "Some Company, Inc.",
  "id": 123
}

As for “createCompanyFromContact”, to my knowledge we don’t have this in the API.

But, good news: the REST API will soon have a resource for Companies, separate from Contacts. In the meantime, you can create Companies through the XML-RPC API.

But, good news: the REST API will soon have a resource for Companies, separate from Contacts. In the meantime, you can create Companies through the XML-RPC API.

How soon it will there in the REST API?

We don’t typically comment on timelines but it so happens this particular piece is presently in development. Barring any unforeseen issues, you should look for it within two weeks.

1 Like

@mike.christianson That sounds great! Will be eagerly waiting for this to be in effect. And I will be surely coming back. Thanks!

1 Like

@Santiago_Demierre We’re happy to announce:

1 Like