Campaign Email punctuation Space Issues

Suddenly all the emails in our campaigns have extra spaces after a link and before the punctuation. See attached for an example of what is happening. How do we fix this?

1 Like

I haven’t seen this yet. I would recommend presenting this to the support team, so that they can gather your example and take a deeper look into this.

I am going to take a look at a few things when I get into the office also.

Again, I would recommend having support (via phone rlor chat) take a look at this one, to see if they can pinpoint why this happened.

1 Like

Have you tried re-highlighting the text and re-assigning the link? Not suggesting you should have to do that with everything but rather just as a test to see if it’s something IS is doing or if the emails are getting re-formatted somehow. If after testing it the space remains then probably something has changed on the app side but otherwise could be new formatting.

1 Like

Our advanced support team has been working on this this morning. The information we were given has led us to duplicating the issue. It is surrounding an unwanted space generating after any text is styled. (Bold, italicized, hyperlink). We are getting the information over to one of our developers and are creating the issue. More info as I get it

2 Likes

Any new updated? E-mails are still looking terrible. :frowning:

1 Like

I’m having exactly the same issue. In addition to styling, inserting merge fields adds extra spaces.

1 Like

Hi James, any updates on this issue?

1 Like

Hi David. The specific issue referenced in this topic was resolved. if you are still having spacing issues, I would recommend calling into our support team at 1-866-800-0004 Ext 2, to share your situation, and have one of our technical support reps look into this, as they may need to gather your data to share with our advanced support team, if they are unable to find the cause.

1 Like

I have still been experiencing the issue as well.

Lynda Pittsley
CEO
L&L Virtual, Inc.
(781) 420-1417

2 Likes

I would recommend presenting this to the technical support team, as we had not received any further reports into the issue that was present, the day that this thread was created.

The issue that we resolved centered around extra spacing being created after any styled text (including hyperlinks) The test emails that I had in my app that I had used to recreate this are formatted correctly, since the patch was deployed.

If you are still experiencing spacing issues, I would recommend speaking with our support team at 1-866-800-0004 Ext 2, or via the in app chat, as the issue you are still experiencing seems to be related to something else. They will be able to take a look, and gather examples for our advanced support team, if the rep is unable to pinpoint the issue.

1 Like

Lynda, I just called support and they told me this issue has not been resolved. They are aware of it and will deploy a patch when they figure out what is actually causing the problem in the first place. The person I spoke to looked into their internal memos to confirm.

1 Like

Hi David, I did a little digging into this, and the specific issue that we were working on with spacing was resolved earlier in the month. It appears that one of our internal team members had uncovered a similar issue that is also affecting spacing. Our development team is working to get this similar spacing issue resolved. David, do you know if the service rep got you attached to the new issue, so that you will receive the notification email, when we roll out a patch?

2 Likes

Hi James, thank you for looking into this. I suspected there might’ve been more than one issue, hence conflicting information. I was not informed that I was attached to the new issue, so I can’t tell you. I’d be very interested in getting notified when you guys have a solution.

1 Like

I have pulled your app ID and will check the cases tomorrow. If not I will get you attached. I set up a task to look right when I get in. I will be sure to get your application attached also, @Lynda_Pittsley

2 Likes

Hi James, have these been resolved? We’re experiencing the spacing issue currently.

1 Like

Thank you

Is there any chance you could share a screenshot of the spacing error? I want to get a team member to take a look. From what I can tell, we deployed an update yesterday afternoon on one of the spacing issues we were working on, so I would like to pinpoint where an issue might still be.

1 Like