Billing Notifications for Failures

I want to setup an email that will notify a customer when an autocharge fails. Is there a way to pull the information on the failure and put it in the email with a link for them to pay or update their card for autocharge?

Hi David.

We do have some basic billing automation that you can set up. There is a section to set up a template that can send out, with a Credit Card HTML merge field that you can include.

You would need to set up a trigger for a failed autocharge in your Billing Automation area of the application. Here is a link to the section about creating a way for customers to update cards, but you will see that there may be other relevant articles on the left, pertaining to billing automation

http://help.infusionsoft.com/userguides/sell-online/billing-setup-and-automation/how-your-customers-update-their-credit-cards

This template is very generic, in the sense, that it won’t really have the ability to share many details on the failure (the product, the amount), but can trigger a template to send out to the customer, and if it contains the credit card html update link merge field, they can click and fill out a form to provide new card details.

If they update their card, will the system automatically bill again?

Great question, David. The article that I sent over references setting up a task based on the customer updating via the link, merged into the billing automation email template.

This is done through your Ecommerce>Settings>Orders section in the app. I have included a visual of me setting up a task to trigger when a customer updates via this method.

The task is designed to notify a user to update the card in the failed order. Updating the card in the order will ensure that future auto-charges run against the new card.