Best practices for automated web lead follow-up sequences

Hi, I’m setting up some new autoresponders and follow-up notifications for our new site. We have a monthly newsletter sequence already set up, but now we’re trying to figure out what the best practices are for when someone contacts us. How many times within that first week should we send a communication? How long should the “hot lead” sequence last before we push them into the “long-term nurture” sequence?

Any advice would be appreciated!

This is an excellent question! The short answer is it depends and many people on here will have different opinions. I would say that in general my rule of thumb for how often you send an email and how long you have them in a hot lead sequence depends on how long your typical sale takes.

I suggest having a hot lead sales cycle that lasts somewhere between 1.5x and 3x as long as your sales cycle.

I have extensive experience creating and implementing both hot lead and nurture campaigns quickly for clients. If you are interested in seeing if I can help you further please call me at 813-843-7404 or email me at david@fusefoundry.com.

2 Likes