Autoresponder with discount expiring 7 days after opt-in

Hi folks.

I’m stuck trying to implement a campaign and Infusionsoft support recommending asking you guys in the community if you have a workaround strategy.

So here’s what I’m trying to achieve.

Simplified, my front-end marketing funnel is:

Opt-in page → emails → sales page (on website) → questionnaire (on website) → Calendly (for appointment scheduling) → order form.

I’m trying to figure out a way for all new subscribers (contacts) to access a discount offer which expires 7 days after opt-in.

The challenge, it seems, is that you can’t make an Infusionsoft discount expire on a delay timer.

I could send them down a different path so they only reach an order form with a discount in the emails sent in the first 7 days.

The problem with this approach is they could still click a link in one of the emails from the first 7 days and redeem the discount.

Is there a way to make this work?

I’m not a developer so it’s difficult to think outside the box for a strategy.

Thanks in advance for your time and support.

Hi Maria:

Welcome to the community.
Do you have any 3rd party plugins like PlusThis?

jeff

Hi, @Maria_Birch,

Welcome :wink:

PlusThis has a ‘magic links’ option that will direct someone to a different link based on what tags are or are not set…so that’s one option but it would include monthly cost.

One time cost to setup your own version of this wouldn’t be very high because of how simple it is and that would give you the solution on your own server for life.

There may be other offerings like Zapier or API Guys or Novak Solutions that offer something similar at a lower monthly cost too.

Hi Jeff. The only third-party tool I’m using at the moment is Zapier. Trying to avoid any more for the time being as it’s a very new business. Any idea if it’s possible to make something like this work with Zapier?

Thanks John!

Would setting up my own version require hiring a developer?

I’ll drop Zapier an email too since I’m already invested.

Hi, @Maria_Birch,

Yes, there are a few of us developers here that could do it. There would be a few questions about how you’d want things to work for you but it’s fairly straight forward to do :wink: