Automate (or notification) when payment plan is paid in full?

Does anyone have experience with a workaround to get notifications when an order that is on a payment plan is paid in full?

Background: Most of our clients cannot afford to pay us in a lump sum so we offer payment plans not to exceed 6 months. We put the orders in IS and auto charge the payment plan. Due to the time sensitivity of what we do we don’t start working until we are paid in full. I am looking for something to notify me when all payments have been made so we can move the client along on our workflow pipeline (or better yet tag the contact so it happens automatically).

In your ecommerce settings there is an option to auto send invoice on full payment.

@John_Borelli, will that also send @Jackson_Turner-Vaugh a notification when the payment plan is satisfied? I think that’s what he’s after.

Ah, missed the ‘notification’ part, @Cheryl_Hunt, woops.

@Jackson_Turner-Vaugh, if you use the order purchase goals you can then send yourself a notice in campaign builder. If you want it to be specific to what they ordered then you’ll have to specify the product purchase as a goal and then you can send notifications based on which one was purchased and the contact that purchased it.

But I think the order purchase goal will notify on the initial order. I don’t think they will notify after all payments in the plan have posted. Are your sure they will, @John_Borelli?

ok, trying to answer in the middle of talking to someone wasn’t serving us well. So the product purchase goal will only trigger when initially the product is purchased even if a partial payment on the order occurs but if it’s in multiple payments then the successive ones won’t trigger anything inside the app. So @Jackson_Turner-Vaugh, the only way to have that happen then would be for code to watch the payments webhook (which is triggered regardless of the condition, amount or timing of a payment) and then trigger notification based on that information. I can’t think of anything out of the box that would cover your particular conditions. Thanks for checking me @Cheryl_Hunt! :wink:

1 Like

Nah…I knew what you meant, @John_Borelli :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your responses.

“the only way to have that happen then would be for code to watch the payments webhook (which is triggered regardless of the condition, amount or timing of a payment) and then trigger notification based on that information.”

What does “code to watch the payments webhook” mean?

That means that out of the box you don’t have an option through the interface to trigger actions for a purchase paid in multiple payments. So the only way to accommodate that need would be to create code using the api to listen for any payments regardless of full or partial payment and respond to them in code)