Assigning a tag to a new contact based on coupon code in Woo Commerce

I have a Woo Commerce store linked to Keap with Infused Woo and am trying to figure out how to assign a tag to a new Keap user that is based on the coupon code that user applied during checkout. I do not have Zapier at this time.
Thank you!
cj

The InfusedWoo automation recipes only allow for ‘used a coupon’, but don’t permit choosing which coupon code. You’d need to use Zapier or Make to be able to pull the actual coupon code from the transaction to be able to then feed to Keap and apply the specific tag you want.

Thanks,
Jeff

Thank you Jeff,

Is there another way to track new users from a specific organization? I.e. If I market my product to an organization and they make it available to all their employees via an email or newsletter, how can I track how many of their employees purchased the product through my Woo Commerce site?

Could I have them click through a landing page that applies a tag in Keap?

Thank you!

Craig Johnston

If you are using any sort of affiliate software, you could create an affiliate account for them — even if there is no override, but at least create the link and the code — and give them a link with the code.

Then, any purchase from their people would be tracked inside the system.

But, using Make, you get 1000 actions in the free account, and a quick scenario may be 4-5 actions, so you could set up a super-simple action that would pull sales and coupon codes and just tag people in Keap only if they use a specific coupon, which would allow you to track them. That would give you up to 200 or so sales for free.

Thanks,
Jeff

Thanks Jeff.

I don’t understand the affiliate software concept but will discuss with my developer.

So does Make charge by the purchase or buy the coupon code. I.e. if I have 500 users from an organization all use the same coupon code, how is that charged?

Would it be possible to have them click through a Keap landing page that applies a tag to their new user account prior to them making the purchase?

Thanks again,

Craig Johnston

Make is a 3rd party integrator — connects Keap to 1000s of 3rd party pieces of software. It charges by the ‘action’, so in this example, this whole process takes 8 actions.

I think that in your case it would be:
Get WooCommerce Order, Get Contact in Keap, Add Tag in Keap
So it may only be 3 actions per purchase.

Since you get 1000 actions per month for free, that would give you 333 purchases that could tag someone in Keap.

It is is 4 actions, it would be 250, etc.

Thanks,
Jeff

Please Note - Our office will be closed Monday, Sept 5 to observe Labor Day.

Thank you Jeff.

Craig Johnston, P.E.

Founder and CEO

Emergency Preparedness Training Institute, LLC

EPTinstitute.com

314-886-5201

No problem.
Feel free to email me if you need anyone to help you with your buildout: jeff@4spotmarketing.com

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff

I checked out Make but don’t see any templates related to Keap. Could you provide an estimate on what it would cost for you to set up this process we discussed below?

In summary: I have WooCommerce, InfusedWoo, Stripe and Keap. I automatically create the contact record in Keap when someone makes a purchase but would like to add a tag to their Keap contact record that is the coupon code they used to enroll. Thus allowing me to simply search for that coupon code tag and identify all users that used it.

Also, I thought you sent me an email address but can’t find it, if there is a better way to communicate let me know.

Thanks,

Craig

Craig Johnston, P.E.

EPT Institute, LLC

Hi Craig:

My ‘signature’ gets filtered out when I reply via email, so my email address didn’t come through.
You can email me directly at jeff@4spotmarketing.com
This would probably only take us an hour to get situated, as it is pretty straightforward.
Hit me via email and I can send you the pricing.

Thanks,
Jeff