Apigee Migration Update

Here are my questions, thanks:

1. Will this move affect the Infusionsoft API itself or our use of it (other than the API quotas mentioned above)?

2. How does this move from Mashery to Apigee affect the developer accounts for the developer Infusionsoft API client ID and client secret that are currently acquired via Mashery?

3. Will registering for a developer account with Mashery still be required to use the latest API if one doesn’t already have an Infusionsoft API client ID and client secret via Mashery?

4. If access, and/or previous methods to use or access the API will be changing at the end of this month, when will the documents and tutorials be updated to reflect the changes?

5. The other post of yours I think you are referring to said, “We wanted to inform our developer community that the Infusionsoft Public API (REST and XML/RPC) will be going through a migration to a new provider over the next 6 weeks.”

• Does that mean it will change at different times for different users, or that some of the services will be changing at different times, or what?
    • Does that also mean it should be complete by the end of 6 weeks (presumably from the December post)?
    • When are the changes due to be complete?

I was about to update from using a legacy API that used an API Key to using a more current API which uses a client ID and client secret. I’m now wondering if I should wait until after the 31st as registering for a developer account with Mashery may now be unnecessary, and something else may be required instead.

I don’t want to implement something new only to have it become obsolete practically right away, but I’m not sure how long I’d have to wait, or if things will be changing enough that waiting would be wise.

1 Like