Anyone here use WordPress and Zapier integration

I’m half out of my mind…

We transitioned our initial website designer to another.

Since then, I cannot post WordPress Blogs using Zapier.

I’m able to successfully add (connect) to InfusionSoft in Zapier, so no issues there.

But when I run a test - I get an Unauthorized 401 Error - I’ve looked everywhere, and I do mean everywhere for guidance to get this fixed. So that tells me Zapier doesn’t have the permission to retrieve the post.

Zapier says to contact our website dude - The website dude says to contact Zapier…

The only consistency I’ve seen is related to “reCaptcha” getting in the way (yet we do not use that anywhere).

I use Zapier for many things, I would hate to move over to another system but even if I did, I’m sure I’d have the same problem.

Any help would be SOOOOOOO appreciated!

1 Like

Hi Cindy, so what data are you trying to get from WordPress to Zapier?

@Andy_Wroe

We schedule our Blog Post to run each Sunday morning in WordPress - I was sending it to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter via Zapier. Now I’m getting an error when Zapier tries to pull the Post - I’m NOT having a connectivity issue, it’s when the Zap is attempting to pull the post…

(And thank you for responding)

You’ve given me a little hope over here…

Does any data get to Zapier, or does it fail to fire in the first place?

@Cindy_Glover

In Zapier - You have to manually connect WP to Zapier using my login credentials for WordPress (I’m an Admin).

When I get to the area where Zapier asks me “What do you want to Pull”

I’m able to connect just fine.

When Zapier looks for the data - Nothing is appearing (I have connected/reconnected 100 times, even used different login)

Here are the exact steps I am taking:

Hmmmm interesting.

So ASSUMING you have the right account connected and you’ve tried whats suggested here on Zapiers help page, then unfortunately it is a case of getting your web techie and zapier to have a conversation. This isn’t easy to do I agree.

I’ll keep my brain ticking on this in case I remember the same issue for someone else.

Andy

Yes @Andy_Wroe - The accounts connect just fine - It’s when Zapier tries to pull the published post from WordPress is where it returns the error.

I already tried getting our WebHost to take a look and he too has no idea…

I’m going to have to throw in the towel and find another system - But I’ve a feeling I’m going to have the same problem if it’s a security issue…

Feeling pretty defeated…

:cry:

Sorry to hear that, did you check the jetPack thing (technical word) thats in the help file?

Andy

I’m told we do not use Jetpack …This too, so very frustrating…

I know enough about WP to do simple things - Zapier, I’m a bit more advanced until they start telling me to get technical - And of course, cannot help…

I’m moving to the mountains…

Or make the mountain move to you!

Wish i could help more, sorry Cindy

Truthfully?

This issue is making me search far and wide and along the road - I’m learning more…THAT, is a good thing.

I’ll have this fixed by the end of the day and will be so happy to come back and gloat!

{holding myself accountable}

LOL

Still NOT gloating…

Hoping today is the day!